Monday, June 10, 2013

Anthropolgie

I left my old job over a year ago because I could no longer fulfill my duties as a result of my back issues. I never thought that when I was ready to return to work it would take me one year to find one. I spent so many hours looking online, revamping my resume, and emailing companies explaining how I was qualified and perfect for the job. I had a few interviews but no company made me an offer. I reached the point of desperation and I was willing to accept any job and almost any pay. "Vacation time" was coming to a halt and the reality that I needed a job now was creeping up on me. I was discouraged and frustrated. I really began turning to God during this time, after my mom and closest friends had encouraged me to do so, I finally handed over the worrying to Him and allowed Him to take control of our need. I knew in my heart that He was preparing something for me, I never thought it would be this perfect. Matt and I were at Fashion Island on a Saturday with family visiting from Boston and like always I forced Matt into my favorite store there! Anthropologie is the most feel good, unique, warm, and charming store there is. When ever I am there I am happy and inspired. We walked in and Matt pointed out the Now Hiring, please see manager sign on the door and I began envying the girls working at Anthropologie. I knew I had nothing to lose by introducing myself to the manager and asking how I could go about applying for the position. I handed my coffee to Matt and he wished me good luck. The manager I met was so nice and helpful, she redirecting me to their website where their career search was and took my name down to "keep an eye out for my application." I thought that was a pretty good sign but I was not getting my hopes up about this, I know how many girls would love to work at Anthropologie and I assumed they had hundreds of applicants way more qualified than me. (I have no retail experience) I applied anyways and waited a couple of days before calling the store to follow up, the manager I spoke to that day on the phone encouraged me to keep calling back until I could get a hold of the first manager I met the day I was in the store. When I finally did speak with her, she invited me out for a group interview that coming week. I was so thrilled but held some of it back, knowing that they offer group interviews to large amounts of applicants to weed out the weaker ones. I shined bright during the group interview and felt so confident, I was so motivated and on fire because of the sweet words of my family and friends, I really knew they were all rooting me on and praying for me. That night I received an email saying that I was moving to the next step in the interviewing process and I needed to fill out an ethics survey. Within a couple of days of taking the survey I was contacted by a manager to come in for a second interview. I couldn't believe I had passed the first couple of steps and that they wanted some one on one time with me. The second interview was so casual, it was like talking to a friend. As she introduced herself she asked me to take a few minutes and pick out and arrange a Spring outfit. I was unfamiliar with the current collection but made my way around the store looking for pieces that would impress them and show them that I had good taste and that I know what I am talking about! I basically picked out what I would personally wear and she was definitely impressed, so impressed that she had me wait while she grabbed her phone so she could take a picture of it. That really made me feel a lot more confident during the interview. She shared that she was so impressed with my answers and even said that the first manager I met with had really liked me and passed on that she would love me as well! We were coming to the end of the interview and she asked if I had any questions, I asked a few. She then offered me the job. Those words were so unexpected but they filled me with such joy and relief! I immediately realized that God had been preparing this for me, all along I thought I would end up with just what I needed at an office sitting at a desk all day, working for a company that didn't inspire me but paid the bills. Here God was giving me more than what my heart desired. I now get to work for a company that truly cares about their employees and really inspires them in more ways than just fashion. God gave me what I needed and what I wanted! I am so thankful, every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment